1. Mike, you__1__play with fire. You__1__ burn yourself.
A. won’t; can’t B. mustn’t; may
C. don’t have to; must D. have got to; shouldn’t
1. Under this__1__pressure some of the rocks even became liquid.
A. intensive B. weighty C. intense D. bulky
2. Of course, most immigrants did not get rich overnight, but t
1. Although __1__ Spanish, he attended the course.
A. he was knowing B. he is knowing
C. having a knowledge of D. knows
2. You __2__ that letter to James. However, you did
1.She breathed a sigh of ___ when she heard her husband was safe.A.surprise B.delight C.annoyance D.relief2.Snow is expected to ___ to all parts of the province by this evening.A.e
1. The new washing machines are __ at the rate of fifty a day.
A turned up B turned down C turned out D turned in2. The newly-built Science Building seems__ enough to last a hundr
1.During the reading lesson, the teacher asked students to read a few ___ from the novel.A.pieces B.essays C.fragments D.extracts2.I found the corridor outside the classroom was al
1. Just as the soil is a part of the earth, ?____? the atmosphere.
A. as it is B. so is C. the same as D. and so is?
2. While driving along the treacherous road, ?____?.
1. There is nothing in physical structure, the brain or the internal organs to__ a difference.
A display B indicate C demonstrate D appear
2. The largest brain ever examine
1. Now that the____shock was wearing off, he was in considerable pain.
A. incredible B. intricate C. internal D. initial2. He could also learn to use the vacuum cleaner, the washi
1. The mother said she would __ her son washing the dishes if he could finish his assignment before supper.
A let down B let alone C let off D let out
2. This kind of mater
1. The politician says that he will __ the welfare of the people.
A prey on B take on C get at D see to
2. We had difficulties at first but everything worked __ smoothly in
1. The car was in good working__ when I bought it in a few months ago.
A order B form C state D circumstance2. In order to repair barns, build fences, grow crops, and care for ani
1. His expenditure on holidays and luxuries is rather high in __ with his income.
A comparison B proportion C association D calculation
2. The President made his la
1.We mustn’t relax our vigilance___.
A in the least B at least C at most D in the end
2. During the reading lesson, the teacher asked the students to read a few __ fr
1.I have no doubt that __ all of these people were taught in school that the earth revolves around the sun.
A virtually B remarkably C ideally D preferably 2.The story that fol
1.The political future of the president is now hanging by a __.
A thread B cord C string D rope2.The question is still__ discussion.
A in B by C for D under 3.We managed t
1．The policeman stopped him when he was driving home and __ him of speed.
A charged B accused C blamed D warned
2． The public opinion was that the time was not__ for the
1. We are writing to the manager_ _the repairs recently carried out at the above address.
A with the exception
B with the purpose of
C with reference to
D with a view to
1.She managed to save__ she could out of her wages to help her brother.
A how little money
B so little money
C such little money
D what little money
2. The statue woul
1.First published in 1927, the charts remain an _______ source for researchers.
A intelligent B indispensable C inevitable D identical
2. Please___ dictionaries when you ar
1. It’s not fair that you come home after abad day at work and ____? your wife and children.
A. take it out on B. take out it on
C. take out on D. take on it with
1. In selecting a material, the engineer’s interest is in its properties which determine how it will perform under the loads and condition____it is subject.
A. where B. whic
1. He ____have been nervous because he didn’t go straight in.
A. ought to B. must C. should D. had to
2. I am quite sure that I can ____ Michael into letting us use h
1. The reporters exposed the corruption of several senior officers in the government; consequently, these officers____to resign from office.
A. have asked B. were asked C. had ask
- 1CRI听力:President Xi's IOC trip to highlight sports diplomacy: expert
- 2国际英语新闻:Molecule found able to help fight antibiotic-resistant germs
- 3国际英语新闻:Syrian army enters outskirts of Ain Fijeh town under heavy fire
- 4国际英语新闻:Cuba, U.S. to expand cooperation on joint air, sea rescue
- 5国内英语新闻: China's top graft-buster exposes decadent officials ahead of Spring Festival
- 6体坛英语新闻：O'Sullivan and Selby among star names set for snooker World Grand Prix
- 7体坛英语新闻：Carlo Ancelotti prepares for the final countdown
- 8娱乐英语新闻:Hollywood star Mark Wahlberg to open family chain restaurants in China
- 9体坛英语新闻：Guangsha holds off Shanxi, Shandong snaps two-game skid
- 10体坛英语新闻：Top seeds survive another day at Australian Open
- 1国际英语新闻:Molecule found able to help fight antibiotic-resistant germs
- 2国际英语新闻:Diabetes causes loss of 9 years of life in Chinese patients: study
- 3国际英语新闻:Canadian market down on Trump's auto comments
- 5国际英语新闻:U.S. stocks mixed amid economic data, Trump press conference
- 7国际英语新闻:China has 50,000 TCM medical institutions
- 10国际英语新闻:China's central bank orders payment platforms to hand in customer provisions