1. The state church in England is _______.
A. the Roman Catholic Church B. the Baptist Church
C. the Protestant Church D. the Church of England
2. The Celts’ religion used to be _______.
A. Buddhism B. Islam C. Druidism D. Christianity
3. The present established church in Scotland is _______.
A. the Presbyterian Church B. the Catholic Church
C. the Druidism Church D. the Roman Church
4. Christianity was ﬁ rst brought to England by the _______.
A. Romans B. Celts C. Anglo-Saxons D. Danes
5. The Romans remained in control of Britain for nearly 400 years and they pulled out in _______.
A. 306 AD. B. 410 AD. C. 446 AD. D. 1066 AD.
6. The Bible was originally written in _______.
A. Latin B. Hebrew C. Greek D. Arabic
7. The Church of England is not free to change its form of worship, as laid down in _______ without the consent of Parliament.
A. the Bill of Rights B. the Provisions of Oxford
C. the Constitutions of Clarendon D. the Book of Common Prayer
8. Which of the following is NOT a Christian festival of the year in Britain?
A. Christmas B. Easter C. Whit Sunday D. Boxing Day
9. The present British monarch must be a _______ because she is the head of the Church of England.
A. Muslin B. Catholic C. Christian D. Buddhist
10. The Church of England is linked with the state through _______.
A. the House of Lords B. the House of Commons
C. the Prime Minister D. the Lord Chancellor