You are Peter/Mary. You have an important interview, but have unfortunately fallen ill. Write a note to the interviewer Mr. Guo to:
1) explain your illness,
2) request a postponement of the interview date, and
3) apologise for inconveniencing the interviewer.
Saturday, April 16th
Dear Mr. Guo,
According to the schedule, I should attend the interview with you today for the vacancy in your company. However, I have a heavy cold and my doctor recommended bed rest for the following two days. I am deeply sorry for all the inconvenience caused to you due to this late notice. And is it possible to reschedule the interview to next week whenever it is convenient for you? Again my apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Yours sincerely, Peter
1. I am one of the candidates for the interview today; however, I have to inquire whether it is possible to reschedule our appointment.
2. Can a second interview be arranged since I cannot make this one on account of sudden illness?
3. Would it be possible to arrange an alternative time for my interview because of the impending operation?
4. I offer my sincerest apology for any inconvenience.
5. I apologies for any inconvenience this request might cause.
6. I truly hope that you can take the trouble to arrange another interview.
7. I sincerely hope you can reschedule an alternative time for the interview.
8. I am afraid that I will be bed bound for at least the following two days.