You are Peter/Mary. You've just been offered a job, but you will not be able to start work on the appointed day. Write a note to your boss Mr. Hu to:
1) explain why you cannot start work that day,
2) ask for an alternative day to start work, and
3) apologies for the inconvenience.
Saturday, April 16th
Dear Mr. Hu,
I am a newly hired employee and should start working in your company next week; however, my only brother is getting married and I have to attend the wedding.In light of this, is it possible to reschedule my starting day to the beginning of the following Week? I am sincerely sorry for all the inconvenience caused by this sudden occurrence. And I will make up the lost days by working overtime.
Yours sincerely, Mary
1. All my family will be there for the wedding and I am involved in some of the preparations.
2. This is a once in a lifetime event and I cannot miss it for all the world.
3. I will be really grateful if you can take the trouble to reschedule my starting day.
4. I will start my work as soon as the circumstance allows.
5. I hope that this late notice has not caused too much trouble for you.
6. I hope this unavoidable request does not cause too much inconvenience for you.