英语资讯
News

一颗勇敢的心

Source: 恒星英语学习网    2020-09-12  我要投稿   论坛   Favorite  

As the train picked up its speed, the passengers slowly settled down on their seats.
火车开始缓缓加速,乘客们挨个儿在座位上坐定。
I reserved the lower berth , so that I could enjoy the beauty of out side from the moving train.
我预购了下铺的车票,如此一来,火车向前行驶的时候,我就可以欣赏窗外的风景了。

I don't know why I always preferred to get the window seat.
我也不知道自己为什么总是偏爱靠窗的位子。

An elderly lady occupied the front seat of mine.
一位老太太在我前面的位置坐下。
I looked at her.
我看了看她。
She must be in her eighties, I guessed.
这大概是一位耄耋之年的老人,我猜测。
At one point, we met our eyes.
偶然的,我们四目相接。
She smiled at me. With courtesy , I gave her response.
她对我报以微笑,我也彬彬有礼的表示回礼。
Both of us were silent.
我们俩都没说话。
By that time, the train was in its full speed.
这时,火车正全速前进。
It was 4:50 pm, evening time.
那时的时间是下午4点50分。
So, bed time was still in a long way.
离睡觉的时间还早着呢。
I couldn't resist myself any longer and asked, 'Auntie! Where are you going?'
我实在忍不住寂寞,就问道,“阿姨,您这是到哪儿去呀?”
She looked at me and friendly said, 'Army camp, dear.'
她看看我,友好的说:"我到军营里去,亲爱的。”
Suddenly my enthusiasm doubled to know the reason. I politely said, 'Aunty, you are visiting someone?'
我顿时兴致倍增,更想刨根问底了。我礼貌的问,“您去拜访什么人吗?”
She smiled triumphantly and said, 'Yes!'
她露出自豪的微笑,说到“没错。”
Just to linger the conversation, I talked to her in a very jolly mood,
我还不想住嘴,一副兴高采烈的样子对她说,


'Auntie, you must be feeling so excited to see your child and your grand children.'
“阿姨,能看到自己的孩子和孙子,您一定很高兴。“
Perhaps, this question hurt her a little but boldly she answered,
听到我的问题,她似乎有些被戳到痛处,但她还是宽容的答道,


'Oh, dear! You are so sweet!
“哦,亲爱的,你太好了。


Anyways, I had only one son who joined in army
不过,我只有一个儿子参军


and was killed by the terrorist attack just few days before.
就在几天前,他在一场恐怖袭击中去世了。


I bought so many new clothes with the winter garments for him.
我还给他买了这么多衣服,准备过冬穿呢。


So, I thought why not I would spare my son's clothes to some other soldiers,
所以,我就想,为什么不把给儿子的衣服送给其他的士兵呢


so that I would restraint my sorrow and would be happy thinking that my own son has worn it.
这样一来,我的悲伤或许会减轻一些,看到他们穿着这些衣服,就像我自己的儿子穿着一样,我一定会很高兴。

He was a bachelor, so I don't have any grand child.'
他还是个单身汉,所以我还没有孙子呢。”
I was stunned hearing her heart breaking story!
她的故事简直让人心碎,我目瞪口呆!

But I saluted the old lady from the core of my heart.
可是,我又从心底生出对这位老妇人的敬意。

I was thinking of her brave heart!
我想,她的心多么坚强呀!


将本页收藏到:
上一篇:教育部为高校改名立规!你的学校改过名吗
下一篇:“外卖骑手困在系统里”刷屏,饿了么回应评论区却翻车了……

最新更新
论坛精彩内容
网站地图 - 学习交流 - 恒星英语论坛 - 关于我们 - 广告服务 - 帮助中心 - 联系我们
Copyright ©2006-2007 www.Hxen.com All Rights Reserved