英语资讯
News

我们讲的英语第186期:Someone is like a dinosaur 某人像恐龙

Source: 恒星英语学习网    2014-09-29  我要投稿   论坛   Favorite  

Helen: Hello, Welcome to The English We Speak from BBC Learning English. I'm Helen.
海伦:大家好,欢迎收听BBC英语学习频道的地道英语节目。我是海伦。

Rob: And I'm Rob.
罗布:我是罗布。

Helen: Rob, can I ask you something?
海伦:罗布,我能问你件事吗?

Rob: Yes, of course. Go ahead.
罗布:当然可以了。问吧。

Helen: My son's friends came to visit at the weekend. They were all in the bedroom playing with dinosaurs.
海伦:我儿子的朋友周末来家里玩了。他们全都在卧室里玩恐龙。

Rob: Oh right. Sounds fun.
罗布:哦,听起来很有趣。

Helen: Yeah, I even let them watch a dinosaur film and play a computer game. Then I heard one of them say his parents were dinosaurs.
海伦:是啊,我还让他们看了部恐龙电影,还有玩电脑游戏。之后我听到他们中有一个人说他的父母是恐龙。

Rob: Oh, dear.
罗布:哦,天哪。

Helen: I'm a mum, I don't think I look anything like a dinosaur, do I?
海伦:我是个母亲,我认为我长得并不像恐龙,是吧?

Rob: No, you don't look like one at all. You are 100% human! What did the boy say about his parents?
罗布:不,你当然长得不像恐龙了。你100%是人类!那个男孩怎么说的他父母?

Helen: He said that they don't have a TV at home, and that his parents don't have mobile phones either. I was quite surprised by that.
海伦:他说他们家里没有电视,他父母也没有手机。我听到那些非常惊讶。

Rob: No wonder he thinks his parents are dinosaurs. When we call someone a 'dinosaur', we mean they're living in the past, they're not very modern, and probably don't use a lot of technology.
罗布:难怪他认为他的父母是恐龙了。当我们称某人是“恐龙”时,我们的意思是他们还生活在过去,他们不是很时髦,可能他们不会使用很多科技物品。

Helen: I see. So, if I don't have a mobile phone or have a computer, I could be… a dinosaur.
海伦:我明白了。所以,如果我没有手机或是没有电脑,我可能就是恐龙。

Rob: Exactly. Let's hear some examples.
罗布:没错。我们来听一些例子。

My grandfather just bought his first digital camera. I've been telling him to get one for years! He's a dinosaur when it comes to modern technology.
我祖父刚买了他的第一台数码相机。多年来我一直让他买一台!在谈到现代科技的时候,他真是个恐龙。

A: Have you met Jane's new husband?
A:你见过简的新丈夫吗?

B: Yes, he talks like someone from the 1930s. Really old-fashioned!
B:见过,他说话就像来自上世纪30年代的人。太过时了!

A: I know, he said he hates modern technology.
A:我知道,他说他讨厌现代科技。

B: Oh, he's such a dinosaur.
B:哦,他真是个恐龙。

Helen: So calling someone a dinosaur means they're not in touch with the modern world.
海伦:所以称呼某人为恐龙意思就是他们不太接触现代世界。

Rob: Yes, a bit old-fashioned, maybe conservative in their thinking, and not keen for new challenges.
罗布:对,有点过时,可能他们的想法很保守,不热衷于新挑战。

Helen: Well, I love modern technology.
海伦:嗯,我喜欢现代科技。

Rob: Are you on Facebook? Twitter? Instagram?
罗布:你有用脸谱网吗?推特呢?Instagram呢?

Helen: No, what are these?
海伦:没有,那些都是什么?

Rob: Oh dear, Helen! You really are a dinosaur!
罗布:哦天哪,海伦!你真是个恐龙!

(sfx roar!)
(音响效果:咆哮的声音)

我们讲的英语第186期:Someone is like a dinosaur 某人像恐龙


将本页收藏到:
上一篇:我们讲的英语第185期:Look like the back end of a bus 长相丑陋
下一篇:我们讲的英语第186期:The proof is in the pudding 布丁好不好吃了才知道

最新更新
论坛精彩内容
网站地图 - 学习交流 - 恒星英语论坛 - 关于我们 - 广告服务 - 帮助中心 - 联系我们
Copyright ©2006-2007 www.Hxen.com All Rights Reserved