Discount 谈论打折
A: Now, let's come to the point. I'm afraid we have to talk more about the price you've offered. Anyway, if you're prepared to give me a 5% reduction, we'd like to increase our original order to 100 sets.             
我们言归正传吧。恐怕我们还得就你方的要价再谈一谈。不管怎么样,如果你打算减价5%的话,我们将原来的订购增加到100台。             
B: Well, that's really a large order.             
嗯,数量的确相当大。             
A: It certainly is.             
当然。             
B: But you know we've never lowered the price that much. You can't expect us to make such a large reduction.             
但你知道我们从来没有降价那么低。你不要指望我们打这么大的折扣。             
A: In that case there is no need for further discussion.             
如果那样,就没有必要再讨论下去了。             
B: Let's not be hasty. Perhaps it's unwise for either of us to insist on his own price. How about meeting each other half way?             
我们不要太着急。我们任何一方坚持自己的价格也许都不是不适合的,各自做一些让步怎么样?             
A: Well, what about your suggestions?             
那么你们有什么好意见啊?             
B: We go in for business on the basis of mutual benefit. How about splitting the difference, 2% off?             
好吧,我们主张在互利的基础上做生意,那么我们各自让一半,减价2%怎么样?             
A: That is hardly half way. Let's both make a further concession, say 3%?             
这还没有达到妥协。我们双方做进一步的让步,3%怎么样?             
B: You are really a hard bargain. Are you going to place an order now?             
你真会还价。你现在要订货吗?             
A: Yes, of course.             
是的。