英语资讯
News

实战口语情景对话 第1285期:What is being threatened in your country? 在你的国家什么正在遭受威胁?

Source: 恒星英语学习网    2018-06-13  我要投稿   论坛   Favorite  

Jingwei: Hi, I'm Jingwei.
京薇:嗨,我是京薇。

Joseph: I'm Joseph.
约瑟夫:我是约瑟夫。

Jingwei: We're from Singapore. The question today is what is being threatened in our country?
京薇:我们两个人都来自新加坡。今天要讨论的问题是,在我们国家什么正在遭受威胁?

Joseph: I assume this refers to animals, and as of now I really can't think of any. The Singapore is doing a pretty good job, but in the past...
约瑟夫:我认为是动物。除此之外,目前我想不到其他的。新加坡现在做得非常好,但是以前……

Jingwei: We had tigers ...
京薇:我们有老虎。

Joseph: But they're all gone now, except for at the zoo. We had quite a few species of snakes like grass snakes, but we don't see them around much now. Hopefully, some household pests like cockroaches, ants, maybe they'll be extinct soon. Then we could all have a more comfortable and less fearful lives. Any animals that you wanna see be threatened?
约瑟夫:但是现在除了动物园,野外已经看不到老虎了。我们曾有很多种蛇,比如草蛇,但现在也不常见了。我希望蟑螂、蚂蚁等对家庭有害的动物不久后也能灭绝。这样我们就能拥有更舒适而且担心更少的生活了。有没有什么动物是你希望遭受威胁的?

Jingwei: What?
京薇:什么?

Joseph: I don't know.
约瑟夫:我不知道。

Jingwei: That's not politically correct.
京薇:从政治上来说那并不正确。

Joseph: Yeah, but I'm not a big fan of all animals. Dogs and cats, they're still alright but the big ones are scary ones.
约瑟夫:对,不过我并不是所有动物都喜欢。狗和猫之类的动物还好,但是大型动物很可怕。

Jingwei: I think some bats, and some birds and some insects are being threatened in Singapore. But we don't hear much about them.
京薇:我认为新加坡有一些蝙蝠、鸟类和昆虫处于威胁之中。不过我们很少听到它们的消息。

Joseph: So I guess they are still doing fine.
约瑟夫:我认为那说明情况还可以。


将本页收藏到:
上一篇:实战口语情景对话 第1284期:What animals are dangerous in your country? 在你的国家什么动物比较危险?
下一篇:实战口语情景对话 第1286期:Where is a good place for a first date? 第一次约会的好去处?

最新更新
论坛精彩内容
网站地图 - 学习交流 - 恒星英语论坛 - 关于我们 - 广告服务 - 帮助中心 - 联系我们
Copyright ©2006-2007 www.Hxen.com All Rights Reserved