SCENE③ B  吉娜去她老板的隔间看他  
【我得要有动力】
 
Vince:  Your 3.5 percent 1) share is going to be worth at least a million.
文斯:         你那百分之三·五的股权,将会值个百万以上。
 
Zina:           I need to be 2) motivated, Vince. 3) Multi-motivated.  As in multi-million.
吉娜:         我得要有动力,文斯。多重动力,多重百万的多重。
 
Vince:  What if I said no?
文斯:         要是我说不呢?
 
Zina:  Ever hear of WebTracker?
吉娜:         有听过“网路搜寻家”吗?
 
Vince:  You wouldn't! If you leave, you'll make nothing.
文斯:         你不会那样吧!你若是离开,连半毛都赚不到。
 
Zina:           I might make nothing even if I stay. For that kind of risk, I want to get rich.
吉娜:         我留下搞不好也赚不到半毛。 基于这种风险,我要发财。
 
Vince:        OK. If you sign the Stars.com 4) account before WebTracker does, we'll talk next week.
文斯:         好吧。若是你早“网路搜寻家”一步签下Stars.com这个客户,我们就等下星期再谈。
 
 
语言详解
 
A: Don't you want to go and exercise?
     你不想在运动吗?
 
B: Yes, but I can't seem to get motivated.
     想,可是我没有动力。
 
 
【用 as in... 做补述】
 
as in这个短语是用来补述,好让意思能让人更明白,常用在解释拼字的时候:
 
A: My name is Meg.
     我叫做梅格。
B: Is that M as in Mary, E as in elephant, and G as in girl?
     那是Mary的m、elephant的e,girl的g吗?
 
as in可以用来进一步解释情况,犹如中文里的“像……那种”:
 
A:  I just ate a Chinese buffet for only 2.99 dollars.
     我刚只花了2.99美元吃了份中式自助餐。
B:  As in the all-you-can-eat kind? That's so cheap!
     是吃到饱的那种吗?还真便宜!
 
你也可以用as in来提问,以确定自己没有误会对方的意思:   A:  I made a million last year.      我去年赚了一百万。 B:  Is that as in dollars?      你说的一百万是美元吗?   1) share (n.) 股份 2) motivate (v.) 给予……动力 3) multi  “多重的”字首 4) account (n.) 客户,尤指生意上往来的客
	  将本页收藏到:
                       
	  上一篇:你真是心狠手辣  
	      下一篇:我就不拐弯抹角了