英语资讯
News

地道美语听力练习:担任陪审员

Source: 恒星英语学习网    2012-11-01  我要投稿   论坛   Favorite  

Samantha:How was your first day on a jury?
萨曼莎:你在陪审团的第一天工作怎么样?

Jinho:It was okay. The judge swore us in and then we listened to the beginning of the prosecutor's case. Two witnesses testified.
秦豪:还算顺利。法官让我们宣誓后,就开始旁听检查官审理案件。有两位证人出庭作证了。

Samantha:That sounds exciting! I'd love to be on a jury. Why didn't they sequester you? That's what they do on TV.
萨曼莎:听起来很振奋人心!我也想当陪审员。他们为什么没有隔离你?电视上就是这么做的。

Jinho:We didn't need to be sequestered. This isn't a high-profile case. Hey, guess what? I was selected as foreman.
秦豪:我们不需要被隔离。这不是一次高调的审判。嘿,你猜怎么着?他们推举我当陪审团主席。

Samantha:Wow, that's a lot of responsibility.
萨曼莎:哇,那你的责任就重了。

Jinho:It's no big deal. I think I was selected because nobody else wanted the job.
秦豪:这没什么大不了的。我想他们选我是因为没人愿意当主席。

Samantha:What'll happen tomorrow?
萨曼莎:明天有什么安排呢?

Jinho:We'll hear the rest of the prosecutor's case and then the defense attorney will put on her case. I'm sure the entire thing will be over in three or four days.
秦豪:其余检查官会继续审理案件,然后辩护律师陈述案情。我敢肯定在三四天内全部结束。

Samantha:Were there any interesting exhibits? Will the defendant take the stand?
萨曼莎:有没有什么令人关注的呈堂证供?被告会在证人席上出庭作证吗?

Jinho:No, no interesting exhibits so far, and I'm not sure if the defendant will take the stand.
秦豪:不,到目前为止还没出现。我也不清楚被告是否会在证人席上作证。

Samantha:I wish I were in your place. I'd love to put a criminal behind bars.
萨曼莎:我真希望处在你的位置。我十分乐意将犯罪关进监狱。

Jinho:You're supposed to be impartial when you're on a jury, remember?
秦豪:记住,陪审团对待案件要公平公正。

Samantha:Oh sure, I'd only convict the guilty defendants—just like on TV!
萨曼莎:啊,那当然,我只会对有罪的被告定罪——正如电视上演的!


将本页收藏到:
上一篇:地道美语听力练习:培养接班人
下一篇:地道美语听力练习:新学期

最新更新
论坛精彩内容
网站地图 - 学习交流 - 恒星英语论坛 - 关于我们 - 广告服务 - 帮助中心 - 联系我们
Copyright ©2006-2007 www.Hxen.com All Rights Reserved